Kiln Goddess Earrings
Ceramicists often say "Pray that the Kiln gods be kind" prior to a firing.
These Kiln Goddesses are said to watch over your wares as they are fired in the kiln, temperatures that reach over 1000°C, clay in its muddy malleable form definitely needs some luck on it's side.
Each goddess is hand made and unapologetically imperfect. Layered with underglaze and detailed with Gold Lustre.
Gold lustre is as close as you can get to alchemy, with the kiln temperatures turning liquid from a tiny bottle into a flash of gold. Each Kiln Goddess has a vase head, this can be used as a bud vase for the most petite of blooms, a single daisy or another flower with a small stem.
These goddess earrings are the perfect statement piece!
• Stainless steel Stud Fittings
• Color: White with black lines, clear glaze and unglazed back & Gold Lustre Detail.
• Hand Made
• Do not Microwave Her - (Lustre is Metal).
• 100% handmade in Melbourne, Australia
• Due to the nature of ceramics and being hand made pieces there may be some slight imperfections.